MUNICH, Germany – One of the most eagerly anticipated vehicle launches in European history is underway in Bavaria this week starring the all-new Ford Mustang.
The 5.0-litre V8 fastback model with six-speed manual transmission reaches 100 km/h (62 mph) from a standing start in 4.8 seconds – faster than any Ford in the Europe since the low-volume Ford GT supercar launched in 2005. The Ford Mustang 2.3-litre EcoBoost fastback manual reaches the marker in 5.8 seconds.
A More Powerful GT
The new 5.0L V8 is even more powerful this year. You’re welcome.
- 435 horsepower*
- 400 lb-ft. of torque*
- 16 city/25 hwy/19 combined mpg**
- Larger intake and exhaust valves
- New intake and exhaust camshafts with increased lift
Precise Handling and Control
The all-new body conceals an all-new driving experience. New front and rear suspensions - and more - work together to provide more precise handling and control.
- All-new fully independent rear suspension
- New double-ball-joint front suspension
- Improved pitch control during hard acceleration and hard braking
- Less body roll improves the overall feel and ride
The strong legacy continues with an adrenaline-pumping powertrain:
- 5.2L flat-plane crank
- Over 500 hp and 400 lb.-ft. of torque
- 3.73 limited-slip differential
- MagneRide™ suspension
Ideally Balanced Power
The Mustang 3.7L V6 strikes an ideal balance of power, displacement and efficiency.
- 300 horsepower
- 280 lb-ft. of torque
- 19 city/28 hwy/22 combined mpg*